JOB TITLE: Machine Setter SALARY: Competitive ADDED: 02-12-2019
|JOB TYPE: Permanent||LOCATION: Mere, Wiltshire, England|
|JOB REFERENCE NUMBER: VAC-35858997||INDUSTRY TYPE: Engineering|
Machine Setter – Mere - £Good
Do you have Machine Setter / Fitter experience and are you looking for a new exciting challenge with a successful manufacturing company? My client is looking for an experienced and proactive Machine Setter to work within their Manufacturing Department.at their brand new modern facilities in Mere just off the A303. The successful Machine Setter will have a keen eye for problem solving and process improvement as well as the ability to train and guide machine operators on safe operating practices.
Machine Setter role overview
Your main role will be to ensure that machines within the Brush making and Manufacturing operation are set up to the required specification to produce a quality product. To provide ideas and support for any efficiency or manufacturing developments, and to encourage and develop continual improvements and reduce downtime.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Setting up and maintaining machines as efficiently as possible
- Ensuring machine operation is carried out effectively, efficiently and in a timely manner to achieve a quality product to the desired specifications.
- Closely follow specification sheets and identify and report any changes required
- Using precise measuring devices and instruments as required
- Support the Machine Operators in any additional training requirements
Key Skills and Attributes
- Mechanical experience, Machine Setter, Machining experience, CNC Setter
- Computer literate
- Strong communication skills across all areas
- Awareness of H&S
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Attention to detail and ability to learn new skills
- Positive and proactive approach to problem solving and continuous improvement
This role is full time and offers a competitive salary as well as excellent benefits including 23 days holiday plus BH, Life insurance cover, subsidised restaurant-quality food and staff hub, access to onsite, fully equipped gym, long service schemes, pension. This role is commutable form Frome, Wincanton, Andover, Mere, Gillingham, Shaftesbury, Warminster. This role may suit a person that has previously worked as a Machinist, Tool Setter, CNC machinist.