JOB TITLE: Lead Electric Motor Application Engineer SALARY: £50k - 65k per year + . ADDED: 09-10-2019
|JOB TYPE: Permanent||LOCATION: Chard, Somerset, England|
|JOB REFERENCE NUMBER: VAC-34733445||INDUSTRY TYPE: Engineering|
Lead Electric Motor Application Engineer
Salary: £50 - £65K + Benefits
Major manufacturer of industrial and domestic electro-mechanical products requires a Lead Electric Motor Application Engineer at their R&D centre in Somerset, South West England.
An exciting opportunity to lead and participate in the design and development of all technical aspects relating to motors and motor applications.
Focusing on integration of AC & DC motors into existing and future product range.
You will engage with engineers and suppliers both internally and externally to ensure an optimised solution is engineered and support continuous improvement through innovation, commercialisation and business need.
· Significant knowledge (degree or other appropriate qualification essential) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or other relevant discipline.
· Process improvement techniques (Lean Six Sigma)
· Considerable experience of leading design work in a similar manufacturing business.
· Substantial expertise in motors, mechanical and electronic design for volume manufacture.
· Commercial experience – such as negotiation techniques, supply chain management, customer relationship development, etc.
· Previous experience in consumer products, power electronics, portable devices, power tools etc.
· CAD ideally SolidWorks
· Current and emerging motor & actuator technologies
· Performance, cycle life, thermal performance and operating characteristics of motors & actuators
· Motor & actuator characteristics and parameters
· Motor & actuator best practice design guides, rules, manufacturing & assembly techniques.
· Current and emerging global safety & EMI/EMC standards
· Understanding of electronic motor control systems
· Define and maintain documentation detailing system requirements, compliance, performance and validation in accordance with product specifications.
· Drive development activities to align with project programs and deadlines both internally and externally.
· Lead and participate in the design, development and simulation of motors & actuators
· Collaborate with other design engineers ensuring correct systems and product integration
· Assist in testing of prototypes to ensure performance characteristics and compliance are met
· Develop and Drive continuous improvement for best practise design, guidelines & rules.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world leader in consumer and commercial equipment manufacturing.