JOB TITLE: Lab Manager / Laboratory Manager SALARY: Competitive Salary ADDED: 04-05-2020
|JOB TYPE: Permanent||LOCATION: Shepton Mallet, Somerset, England|
|JOB REFERENCE NUMBER: VAC-37997917||INDUSTRY TYPE: Technical|
Laboratory Supervisor – Shepton Mallet – £ Competitive
My client, a successful FMCG company based in Shepton Mallet, is looking to recruit a Laboratory Supervisor / QC Lab manager / Lab Supervisor Laboratory Manager.
The successful candidate will manage a team of 4 Lab technicians, all trained in analytical and microbiology) and will report into the QHSE Manager.
The main purpose of the Lab Supervisor role will be to supervise the running of the site laboratories and staff, ensuring a full and competent service in order for the company to maintain consistent food safety and quality.
QC Lab manager / Laboratory Manager key duties will include:
- Supervising and managing the QC Lab team implementing company policies and procedures and advising the QHSE manager on training requirements
- Advising on Health and Safety matters relating to the laboratory activities (e.g. COSHH)
- Representing the laboratory at customer visits, third party audit and with other visitors (where applicable).
- Ensuring QMS and food safety culture are integral to the laboratory procedures and practices and conform to best practice / BRC grade A standards at all times.
- Working closely with the Technical Compliance Manager and Technical Manager
The successful QC Lab Supervisor / Laboratory Supervisor key skills will include:
- Must have previous FMCG Lab management experience
- Food / Drink manufacturing experience
- Experience in COSHH risk assessments and records
- Must be flexible and willing ‘to go the extra mile’
The successful candidate will be paid a competitive salary and excellent working environment for a growing family owned company.
This role is commutable from Bath, Frome, Yeovil, Bridgwater, Trowbridge,