JOB TITLE: Machine Operator SALARY: £22.5k per year + . ADDED: 07-06-2021
|JOB TYPE: Permanent||LOCATION: Bridgwater, Somerset, England|
|JOB REFERENCE NUMBER: VAC-42521413||INDUSTRY TYPE: Manufacturing|
Machine Operator x3 Bridgwater - £10.34p/h up to £12.35ph when trained plus Overtime
Starting salary £22500 rising to £27500 when fully trained
My Client, a leader in their field, is looking to recruit three full time permanent experienced Machine operators / Machine operatives to work in their factory in Bridgwater. Working a 2 day, 2 night, 12 hour shift patterns 7-7, the successful applicant will have previously worked in a fast paced (FMCG) environment and be used to dealing with the running of high volume large manufacturing machines. You will be working as part of a team of four / five and will be 'driving' the machine output. Reporting to the Team Leader, this role is primarily responsible for the accurate setting up and running of a large industrial production machine and undertaking ancillary tasks when requested. My client very much wants to up skill its staff and the successful candidates will join the company 'academy' scheme which offers excellent training.
Key skills required for the Machine Operator role(s)
- -Must have previous machine operator experience
- -Must have experience of working Night Shifts
- -Must have attention to detail
- -Looking for a career role
Machine Operative Role and Responsibilities
- Participating in all aspects of running high volume performance machines.
- -Preparing the appropriate machine ready for production
- -Cleaning the machines between production runs
- -Monitoring production to eliminate or reduce waste and down time.
- -Accurately recording production data for use throughout the business, using the Company's in-house Computer system
- -Weighing, measuring and labelling finished products and locating accurately to storage points
- -Maintaining health & safety for self and others at all times
Benefits will include : Free Parking, Canteen facilities, cycle to work scheme. The holidays are 21 days annual rising to 25 over 4 years. This calculates and 232 hours (29 days x 8 hours) in the first year (prorated to start date). Pension is auto enrolment 4% from Company 5% from employee, Work wear provided. The starting rate of pay will be £10.34ph however this rises to £11.35 and then £12.35p/h when fully trained. Prior to starting the role candidates will be expected to attend an interview where a short Maths, English and Measuring test will be carried out. This is a full time permanent position
This role will suit candidates that have previously worked as machine operator, machine minder, setter