JOB TITLE: Junior Development Chef SALARY: £20k per year + . ADDED: 13-10-2021
|JOB TYPE: Permanent||LOCATION: Poole, Dorset, England|
|JOB REFERENCE NUMBER: VAC-45299790||INDUSTRY TYPE: Technical|
Junior Development Chef
Are you a Chef keen to make the move into Manufacturing ? Are you looking for a role that is Day based hours Monday to Friday ? If Yes, then this could be the opportunity that you have been waiting for !
My Client is part of one of the UK's major Food Groups and is now seeking a Junior Development Chef to join their team. The site has a strong culture of consumer insight. This is underpinned by in-depth food knowledge, with dedicated on-site development chefs working on new products that are driven by food values and quality
You'll be creating new and innovative recipes, matching competitor products with precision and delivering great tasting food during customer presentations.
Development Chef Key Activities & Responsibilities:
- •To work closely with the Senior Development Chef, Development Chef, wider NPD and Customer Teams, to deliver high quality concepts and recipes.
- •Assist with creation and delivery of quality recipes in-line with Customer and Own Brand Standards, in-line with factory current and future capabilities and requirements
- •Prepare kitchen product samples to agreed specification for internal and external panels
- •Working closely with Senior and Development Chef in compiling menus and preparing customer lunches.
- •Actively attend regular site taste panels and drive a commitment to quality using culinary expertise and experience
Development Chef Skills/ Experience Required:
- •A passionate Chef looking for a development role in the Food Manufacturing sector
- •Have a good understanding of current food trends
- •Be a genuine ‘foodie’
- •Educated to at least a City & Guilds level 3 or NVQ level 3 in a relevant Chef skilled qualification
- •Basic Food Hygiene certificates
- •Competent in IT applications (Excel, Word)
- •Great communicator and comfortable with presenting
Development Chef Salary and Benefits
Monday – Friday 08:00am – 17:00pm (occasional flexibility to assist with trials will be required)