JOB TITLE: Maintenance Engineer SALARY: £33.6k - 36k per year + . ADDED: 21-12-2021
|JOB TYPE: Permanent||LOCATION: Yeovil, Somerset, England|
|JOB REFERENCE NUMBER: VAC-47040868||INDUSTRY TYPE: Engineering|
As a Result of growth my Client is seeking a Multi Skilled Engineer to join their team. They are a well-known manufacturer who have links to the aerospace and defence sector.
Salary: Up to £33,620 per annum basic plus 18% uplift on late shift
Multi Skilled Engineer Job Purpose:
Maintain and repair all manufacturing plant, equipment and CNC production assets as part of an existing maintenance team.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Carry out both electrical and mechanical repairs to all types of plant and equipment in a safe, timely and professional manner.
- Assist in the development of planned preventative maintenance schedules (PPM).
- Carry out PPM schedules as necessary and planned work orders as required.
- Assist visiting specialist engineers when necessary.
- Report breakdown root cause, equipment faults and concerns to Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Supervisor and Administrator.
- Make full use of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Plan / prioritize workload to support production and ensure efficient use of working time.
- Fill in job tickets / CMMS on completion of work.
- Manufacture spare parts as required (Simple Bracketry Gaskets etc…) using lathes, milling machines, welding equipment, etc.
- Typical example of work would be to respond to maintenance request for equipment fault, diagnose fault repair and return equipment to operational service. All work to be carried out operating in a safe and efficient manner. (A process of dynamic risk assessment is operated).
- Identify spares requirements and control / log usage.
- Assist with the moving, installation, repositioning of machines and equipment.
- Assist with metal working fluids management system.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Mechanical / Electrical based apprenticeship with City & Guilds or equivalent qualifications.
- Proven experience working with both relay logic and PLC / CNC control systems.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to work on their own and also be a fully integrated member of a team.
- Extensive experience as a qualified maintenance / service engineer operating in an industrial environment (Preferably in the aerospace sector).
Hours: Standard days - Monday to Thursday 7:00 to 15:30 and Friday 7:00 to 12:00
Shift Work - Monday to Thursday 07:00 to 15:30 and Friday 07:00 to 17:00 (Days)
Monday to Thursday 15:30 to 00:00 (Lates)
To be considered for this role you will have previously worked as an MS engineer, maintenance engineer, electrical engineer, shift engineer, mechanical engineer, production engineer, multi skilled engineer or a similar role